Policies and Safety
When you use VidFliz, you join a community of people from all over the world. Every cool, new community feature on vidfliz involves a certain level of trust. Millions of users respect that trust and we trust you to be responsible too. Following the guidelines below helps to keep vidfliz fun and enjoyable for everyone.
You might not like everything you see on vidfliz. If you think content is inappropriate, use the flagging feature to submit it for review by our vidfliz staff. Our staff carefully reviews support content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to determine whether there’s a violation of our Community Guidelines.
1. Community Guidlines
Here are some common-sense rules that'll help you steer clear of trouble. Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
We also collect the content you create, upload, or receive from others when using our services. This includes things like email you write and receive, photos and videos you save, docs and spreadsheets you create, and comments you make on vidfliz videos.
VidFliz is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on vidfliz. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
Sexually explicit content like pornography is not allowed. Videos containing fetish content will be removed or age-restricted depending on the severity of the act in question. In most cases, violent, graphic, or humiliating fetishes are not allowed to be shown on vidfliz.
A video that contains nudity or other sexual content may be allowed if the primary purpose is educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic, and it isn’t gratuitously graphic. For example, a documentary on breast cancer would be appropriate, but posting clips out of context from the same documentary might not be. Remember that providing context in the title and description will help us and your viewers determine the primary purpose of the video.
In cases where videos do not cross the line, but still contain sexual content, we may apply an age-restriction so that only viewers over a certain age can view the content. Videos containing nudity or dramatized sexual conduct may be age-restricted when the context is appropriately educational, documentary, scientific or artistic. Videos featuring individuals in minimal or revealing clothing may also be age-restricted if they're intended to be sexually provocative, but don't show explicit content.
- Whether the subject is depicted in a pose that is intended to sexually arouse the viewer;
- Whether breasts, buttocks or genitals (clothed or unclothed) are the focal point of the video;
- Whether the video setting is sexually suggestive (e.g. a location generally associated with sexual activity, such as a bed);
- Whether the language used in the video is vulgar and/or lewd;
- Whether the subject's actions in the video suggest a willingness to engage in sexual activity (e.g. kissing, provocative dancing, fondling); and
- If a subject is minimally clothed, whether the clothing would be acceptable in appropriate public contexts (e.g. swimwear vs. lingerie).
- The length of time an image appears in the video
- Fleeting vs. prolonged exposure especially relative to the overall length of the video.
- The relative clarity of the images in the video
Our products are platforms for free expression. But we don't support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
We encourage free speech and try to defend your right to express unpopular points of view, but we don't permit hate speech. Hate speech refers to content that promotes violence against or has the primary purpose of inciting hatred against individuals or groups based on certain attributes, such as:
- race or ethnic origin
- veteran status
- sexual orientation/gender identity
There is a fine line between what is and what is not considered to be hate speech. For instance, it is generally okay to criticize a nation-state, but if the primary purpose of the content is to incite hatred against a group of people solely based on their ethnicity, or if the content promotes violence based on any of these core attributes, like religion, it violates our policy.
It’s not ok to post abusive videos and comments on vidfliz. If harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack it can be reported and may be removed. In other cases, users may be mildly annoying or petty and should be ignored.
We want you to use vidfliz without fear of being subjected to malicious harassment. In cases where harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack it can be reported and will be removed. In other cases, users may be mildly annoying or petty and should simply be ignored.Harassment may include :
- Revealing someone’s personal information, including sensitive personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, passport numbers, or bank account numbers.
- Abusive videos, comments, messages
- Maliciously recording someone without their consent
- Deliberately posting content in order to humiliate someone
- Making hurtful and negative comments/videos about another person
- Unwanted sexualization, which encompasses sexual harassment or sexual bullying in any form
- Incitement to harass other users or creators
- Tell an adult if you remain concerned about another’s actions towards you online.
- Pause before you post: Think seriously about how you may be perceived online and do not post anything that may compromise your reputation or safety.
- Speak up: Tell friends to stop cyberbullying and voice your opinion against cyberbullying when you see it on the site.
- Respect people’s opinions online but know when it crosses the line. We want vidfliz to be a dynamic and expressive platform but we do not want users to feel intimidated or threatened.
- Try deleting comments and blocking the user if another user is bothering you, so they can't leave more comments. You can also turn comments off for any video or manage comments by requiring pre-approval before they get posted.
Sometimes criticism and insults can escalate into more serious forms of harassment and cyberbullying. If specific threats are made against you and you feel unsafe, tell a trusted adult and report it to your local law enforcement agency.
The vidfliz community is important to us and we want to see it flourish. To ensure that this is possible, content that makes threats of serious physical harm against a specific individual or defined group of individuals will be removed. People who threaten others may receive a strike on their account and their account may be terminated.
How to report a threatIf you have found multiple videos, comments, or a user’s entire account that you wish to report, use our reporting tool, where you will be able to submit a more detailed complaint.
If someone has posted your personal information or uploaded a video of you without your consent, you can request removal of content based on our Privacy Guidelines.
We want you to feel safe when you're on vidfliz, which is why we encourage you to let us know if videos or comments on the site violate your privacy or sense of safety.If someone has posted your personal information or uploaded a video of you without your consent, you should contact the uploader and ask them to remove the content.
Criteria for removing content
Our Privacy Guidelines provide a detailed explanation of our privacy complaint process and the factors we take into account when evaluating privacy claims.For content to be considered for removal, an individual must be uniquely identifiable. If you want to use the privacy complaint process, make sure that you are uniquely identifiable within the content you seek to report before proceeding. When assessing if an individual is uniquely identifiable, we consider the following factors:
- Image or voice
- Full name
- Financial information
- Contact information
- Other personally identifiable information
When you report a privacy complaint, we consider public interest, newsworthiness, and consent as factors in our final decision.
Tips on how to protect your privacy on vidfliz:
- Protect your account data and don’t share your password with others. vidfliz employees will never ask you for your password. Don’t be fooled if someone contacts you pretending to be from vidfliz.
- Think carefully before you post personal information on vidfliz. This includes things like the town you live in, where you go to school, and your home address.
- Get permission first. As a rule of thumb, you should get permission before filming other people or posting their personal information.
- Check out best practices for keeping your Google account secure.
- Stronger security for Google account: Keep your accounts secured through 2-step verification.
Uploading, commenting, or engaging in any type of activity that sexualizes minors will immediately result in an account termination.
Reporting child endangermentIf you believe that a child is in imminent danger, you should reach out to your local law enforcement agency to report the situation.
If we believe a child is in danger based on content that has been reported to us, we will assist with investigations into the content by law enforcement, when appropriate.
Adult themes in family content
vidfliz is home to videos that are intended to educate and entertain families. Videos that are made to appear as family content but contain adult themes will likely be age-restricted so that only people over 18 can view the content. Videos that mislead viewers by appearing to be family content but contain sexual themes or obscene content are prohibited by vidfliz and will be removed.
Don't post videos that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt, especially kids. Videos showing such harmful or dangerous acts may get age-restricted or removed depending on their severity.While it might not seem fair to say you can’t show something because of what viewers might do in response, we draw the line at content that intends to incite violence or encourage dangerous or illegal activities that have an inherent risk of serious physical harm or death.
Videos that we consider to encourage dangerous or illegal activities include instructional bomb making, choking games, hard drug use, or other acts where serious injury may result. A video that depicts dangerous acts may be allowed if the primary purpose is educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic (EDSA), and it isn’t gratuitously graphic. For example, a news piece on the dangers of choking games would be appropriate, but posting clips out of context from the same documentary might not be.
Videos that incite others to commit acts of violence are strictly prohibited from vidfliz. If your video asks others to commit an act of violence or threatens people with serious acts of violence, it will be removed from the site.We are very sensitive to any harmful or dangerous content that involves minors. If your video shows a minor participating in a harmful or dangerous activity, do not post it. In the interest of protecting minors, we may age-restrict videos containing adults participating in activities that have a high risk of injury or death.
- Whether the individuals participating in the act are trained professionals taking all necessary precautions to prevent injury.
- Whether the upload is educational, documentary, scientific or artistic in nature.
- Whether the act in question could lead to serious injury or death.
- Whether the act could be easily imitated by minors.
- Whether the content could be used to commit serious acts of violence.
Reporting harmful or dangerous contentContact Us : [email protected]
It's not okay to post violent or gory content that's primarily intended to be shocking, sensational, or gratuitous. If posting graphic content in a news or documentary context, please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what's going on in the video. Don't encourage others to commit specific acts of violence.
Real, dramatized, or fake violence
Increasingly, vidfliz is becoming an outlet for citizen journalists, documentarians, and other users to publish accounts of what is happening in their daily lives. It is inevitable that some of these videos will contain content that is violent or graphic in nature.If the violence shown in your video is particularly graphic, please make sure to post as much information as possible in the title and metadata to help viewers understand what they are seeing. Providing documentary or educational context can help the viewer, and our reviewers, understand why they may be seeing the disturbing content.It’s not okay to post violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational, or gratuitous. If a video is particularly graphic or disturbing, it should be balanced with additional context and information.If posting graphic content in a news, documentary, scientific, or artistic context, please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what's going on. In some cases, content may be so violent or shocking that no amount of context will allow that content to remain on our platforms. Lastly, don't encourage others to commit specific acts of violence. For instance, a citizen journalist who captures footage of protesters being beaten and uploads it with relevant information (date, location, context, etc) would likely be allowed. However, posting the same footage without contextual or educational information may be considered gratuitous and may be removed from the site.
Some people post videos that contain dramatized depictions of violence. Much like movies and TV, graphic or disturbing content that contains violence, gore, or shocking content is not suitable for minors and will be age-restricted.
Content may be age-restricted
In some cases, real, dramatized, or fake violence may not be suitable for all ages. Similar to movie or television ratings, our age-restrictions help viewers avoid watching content that they may not feel is acceptable for themselves or for their children. Learn more about age-restricted content.
We do not permit terrorist organizations to use vidfliz for any purpose, including recruitment. vidfliz also strictly prohibits content related to terrorism, such as content that promotes terrorist acts, incites violence, or celebrates terrorist attacks. If posting content related to terrorism for an educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic purpose, be mindful to provide enough information so viewers understand the context. Graphic or controversial footage may be subject to age-restrictions or a warning screen.
Everyone hates spam. Don't create misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages
We are constantly working to keep vidfliz free of spam, scams, and other deceptive practices that attempt to take advantage of the vidfliz community. Below you can learn in more detail what constitutes a vi
It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content in videos, comments, private messages, or other places on the site. If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of vidfliz and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies. It's not okay to post large amounts of repetitive and/or re-uploaded videos to your channel. If the main purpose of your channel is to monetize other channels' content, it will likely violate our spam policies. If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on vidfliz without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification.
Anything that artificially increases the number of views, likes, comments, or other metric either through the use of automatic systems or by serving up videos to unsuspecting viewers, is against our terms. Additionally, content that solely exists to incentivize viewers for engagement (views, likes, comments, etc) is prohibited. Videos and accounts that are found to be in violation of our terms may be terminated and removed from vidfliz. Be aware that if you hire someone to promote your channel, their decisions may impact your channel. Any method that violates our terms of service can result in a video or channel takedown, whether it's an action taken by you or someone you've hired.
Metadata refers to any and all additional information provided on a video. This includes the title, description, tags, annotations, and thumbnail. The reason we have metadata is so that you can add additional contextual information to your videos. Please do not use these features to game or trick our search algorithms. All metadata should be representative of the content contained in your video. Among other things, metadata added in an attempt to game search algorithms will lead to the removal of your video and a strike against your account.Please select a reasonable number of tags that most closely reflect your video content. Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video.
Please select the thumbnail that best represents your content. Selecting a sexually provocative thumbnail may result in the removal of your thumbnail or the age-restriction of your video. The thumbnail is the title card that will be shown next to your video across the site and should be appropriate for all ages.If you are uploading a parody, review or vlog, please choose appropriately representative metadata that will not confuse users into believing that your video is something it is not. This is especially important to remember in relation to current events or viral videos. Please select a thumbnail and title that clearly illustrate that your video is commentary and not footage from an actual event. Videos that are deemed deceptive will be removed from the site and strikes may be issued to the uploader.
Some users create content which attempts to trick others for their own financial gain. Content that deliberately tries to mislead users for financial gain may be removed, and in some cases strikes may be issued to the uploader. Be wary of claims that seem too good to be true, as they likely are.
vidfliz has a zero-tolerance policy for extortion and/or blackmail. If someone has recorded a sexually exploitative video of you and has sent the link, please flag this content immediately for removal and contact your local law enforcement.
Activities such as copying a user's channel layout, using a similar username, or posing as another person in comments, emails, or videos may be considered harassment. In cases where our team determines that an account was established to impersonate another channel or individual, the account will be removed. Impersonation can happen on vidfliz in two ways: impersonation of a channel or an individual.Impersonation of a channel
A user copies a channel’s profile, background, or text, and writes comments to make it look like somebody else’s channel posted the comments. If you feel that yours or another creator's channel is being impersonated, please contact us: [email protected]Impersonation of an individual
A user creates a channel or video using another individual's real name, image, or other personal information to deceive people into thinking they are someone else on vidfliz. If you feel that you are being impersonated, report it using our contact email: [email protected]
Some language is not appropriate for younger audiences. Use of sexually explicit language or excessive profanity in your video or associated metadata may lead to the age-restriction of your video.
Inactive accounts policy
In general, users are expected to be active members within the vidfliz community. If an account is found to be overly inactive, the account may be reclaimed by vidfliz without notice. Inactivity may be considered as:
- Not logging into the site for at least six months
- Never having uploaded video content
- Not actively partaking in watching or commenting on videos or channels
Encouraging Terms of Service violations
If you post content that encourages other users to violate our Terms of Service, the content may be removed, your account may be penalized, and in some cases your account may be terminated.
Age requirements on Google products
Please refer to the article Age requirements on Google Accounts to learn about the age requirements for vidfliz.
2. Safety Tools & Resources
Your safety is important to us. Learn more about vidfliz tools and resources, and get tips on many topics below.
Teens are an important part of the vidfliz community. If you're a teen, use the tools and tips below for staying safe on vidfliz. Note that you must meet the minimum age requirements in your country to set up a Google account.
If you're a teacher or parent, see our parent resources and educator resources. For more information on Internet safety, see these Google Tips for Online Safety.
- Know what type of content to film. When filming videos of your friends, classmates, or other minors, remember that they should never be sexually suggestive, violent, or dangerous.
- Prevent dangerous or uncomfortable situations. Don’t post something just because someone else asked you to. Don’t try to meet up in person with anyone you've been interacting with online without consulting with a trusted adult first.
- Remember the "Grandma Rule." Is what you’re uploading something you’d want your grandparents, boss, future employer, parents, or future in-laws to see? If not, it’s probably not a great idea to post it. Once a video has been posted, you never know who might see it. If it’s copied or reposted, you might not be able to remove every copy.
- Use vidfliz’s privacy features. vidfliz has features to help you limit who can see the videos you post. Protect your privacy by setting personal videos to "private" or "unlisted."
You’re not alone. Need support? For free, confidential 24/7 support in the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255. And Support in India, Go to : Suicide-Helplines-India & AASRA
Sometimes people may upload videos or post comments in which they express thoughts about suicide, self-injury, or depression. If you're having these types of feelings, or know someone else who may need help, please take a look at the resources, tips, and tools below.Tips and advice
If you come across content in which someone is suicidal or engaging in self harm, please contact local authorities and Contact Us to bring it to our immediate attention. We reach out to these individuals with resources and work with suicide prevention agencies to provide assistance when possible. If you or someone else is being harassed, please report the abusive content using our reporting tool and seek guidance from a trusted adult, friend or relevant organisation.If you believe that someone is in imminent danger, please call the police.
We understand that parents and guardians sometimes have questions about children's behavior online. We’ve put together some tools and resources to help you manage your family’s experience on vidfliz.What age does my child need to be to use vidfliz?
To sign in to vidfliz, you must have a Google account that meets the minimum age requirements. If a video gets flagged and we find that the the uploader inaccurately stated their age during the account creation process, we will terminate their account.
Tips and advice
- Have your teenagers make playlists of their favorite videos, while you make your own. Then sit down to watch them together. You can see what your teens are watching, and they might learn a thing or two about you.
- Take your teens on a stroll through your own TV-watching childhood by compiling a playlist of clips from your favorite shows.
- Make watching vidfliz a game : Guess what kinds of videos are popular in a particular place and then use Advanced Search to see videos only in that location. It's a great way to have a conversation with your teens about cultural assumptions, tastes, similarities, and differences.
- Be mindful of who your teen interacts with on vidfliz.
If you're an educator, you may be interested in using vidfliz's educational content. Here are some resources to help empower you and your students to stay safe online.Use video in the classroom
vidfliz does not own the content posted to the site and is therefore not in a position to grant you permission to use it. Only the actual owner of the content can grant such permission. To get in touch with the owner of a video, click on their channel. Some users list ways they can be contacted in their channel.
Teach students how to stay safe
The vidfliz Digital Citizenship Curriculum is an online education initiative. In a few short lessons, teachers in secondary level education can educate students (age 13+) on topics such as:
Tips for staying safe online
Phishing is the process of tricking someone into giving up their personal information such as credit card numbers, social security/national ID numbers, or other financial data. Usually when they have that information, they'll then use it to steal your money, property or identity. Remember, vidfliz will never ask you for your password, email address, or other account information. Don't be fooled if someone contacts you pretending to be from vidfliz
If you find videos on vidfliz that you think might be spam or phishing, please contact Us: [email protected]
Keep your account safe:
We’ve created an easy-to-use checklist to help you secure your computer, browser, Gmail, and Google Account. We encourage you to go through the entire checklist, but want to highlight the following steps that can help you keep your vidfliz channel secure.
- Add a recovery phone number and secondary secure email to your Google account. Not having both a phone number and a secure email means your account could be accessed by someone who knows or guesses the answer to your security question. You can update security information here.
- Keep your recovery information secure and up-to-date.
- Create a unique, strong password for your Google Account (and don’t use the same login and password for other sites). Here are some tips to help you create a strong password:
- Your password should be at least eight characters in length, combine numbers and letters, and not include commonly used words.
- Select a word or acronym and insert numbers between some of the letters.
- Include punctuation marks.
- Mix capital and lowercase letters.
- Don't reuse passwords associated with any other type of account.
- If your account has been set up for a company or organization review and update your password and recovery information when a staffer leaves your company.
Using someone else's trademark in a username, tags, or the title of your video does not necessarily constitute infringement. However, if there is content on your profile or video that would confuse viewers into believing that the trademark owner created or sponsors your page or content, then the trademark owner's rights may be infringed. In these cases, we may remove the content in question, so it's important to be sensitive to other people's trademark rights when choosing a username or adding metadata to your videos.
If you are a trademark owner and you believe your trademark is being infringed, please note that vidfliz is not in a position to mediate trademark disputes between users and trademark owners. As a result, we strongly encourage trademark owners to resolve their disputes directly with the user who posted the content in question. Contacting the uploader may allow for a quicker resolution to your claim in a way that is beneficial to you, the uploader, and the vidfliz community.Trademark owners can contact the user or you can submit a complaint directly to the uploader through Support Email: [email protected]
If you or your legal representative believe that content hosted on vidfliz is defamatory, please visit our Support Page, where you will be able to submit a complaint.
Google prohibits the sale or promotion of counterfeit goods in its products, including vidfliz. Counterfeit goods contain a trademark or logo that is identical to or substantially indistinguishable from the trademark of another. They mimic the brand features of the product in an attempt to pass themselves off as a genuine product of the brand owner, or they promote the goods as faux, replicas, imitations, or clones of the original product.
Reporting counterfeit goods :
If you believe that a vidfliz video or comment is selling or promoting counterfeit goods, you may file a counterfeit complaint through our Support. Our team will investigate your complaint and remove the content if it violates Google counterfeit policy.
Learn about reporting content on vidfliz and how we enforce our Community Guidelines. If you reporting about:
- Report a video
- Report an abusive user
- Report a legal complaint
- Report a privacy violation
- Other reporting options
- Age Restrictions
- Community Guidelines strikes
- Account terminations
- Appealing video strikes